Sunday, May 22, 2011

Interesting Item Hitting the Market Soon


Sportdog looks like the first e-collar company to integrate the e-collar and a GPS tracking system. It looks like it will be available in July. Branded as the Sportdog TEK 1.0LT they will not be cheap at a MSRP of $699.99. I really like this idea but I don't plan on getting one anytime soon. Although I am in the market for a new GPS unit, I don't think I can justify paying that much for this unique e-collar. After all my Dogtra 3500NCP is relatively new and currently serves its purpose, I also have a perfectly functional Tri Tronics Sport Basic G3 as a backup. Besides I suspect the GPS will be very basic with no topo maps or any maps for that matter. I know my Garmin GPS Vista is way outdated but I bet its features will be much better than this new Sportdog. Perhaps latter models will be more add these additional features, only time will tell,and if that is the case I may get one then.

No comments:

Post a Comment