Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Famous Owners of Merkel Guns



Heinrich Himmler Merkel 201E over-under double rifle with extra combination and shotgun barrels, scopes, and case. sold $115,000

General John J. Pershing recieved Göring's Merkel 303

Hunting with Hank's Dez Young Merkel 147EL 20 gauge

Dwight D. Eisenhower Merkel hunting rifle (model unknown)
Nikita S. Chruschtschow Merkel hunting rifle (model unknown)
Ernest Hemingway Merkel 303
Max Schmeling Merkel 321

cosmonaut Juri Gagarin Merkel Drilling

I'm sure there's more, particularly from the WW2 period but thats what I know now.

1 comment:

  1. I bought a SxS made in SuhL in 1975 not sure of maker or model. If I sent you some pictures of markings and numbers could you see if you can give me anymore info please.
    Thank you
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete