Thursday, February 23, 2012

Will Not Cooperate

I decided to head out this morning to try my luck at some suburban carp. The waters, as with my last outing, are still dark and dirty. Sight casting is tough unless they are in the shallows.

Several opportunities were blown as I either lined the fish or simply made poor casts. Its odd though, one fish that I casted to for about 20 minutes refused everything I offered him. He'd take a look but would not pull the trigger. I was incredibly frustrated the whole day.

Tules and vegetation is starting to grow back. The last time I fished this water the tules were ankle high, this time, in some areas, they were waist high. With this warm weather, I expect the tule forest to be back in no time. The carp illustrated probably had a better day than I...okay maybe not. This is the second time in a row that I've seen dead carp on the banks.

No comments:

Post a Comment