Monday, April 2, 2012

New Toy- Nikon Coolpix AW100

Ever since I destroyed my Sony camera years ago from taking a dunk in marsh water during a duck hunt, (my third camera lost in the field) I've been on the look out for a waterproof camera.  After that incident I made rash purchase at Costco and bought the Olympus Stylus Tough 6000.  Most if not all the photos on this blog have been made with that camera.  I hate that camera, always have, always will.  There are numerous reasons why I hate it but most of which are the fact that it is slow and can not take good macro pictures.  

I've put off replacing it for years, mainly because I didn't want to spend the money, so I just put up with it although my photos tended to come out poorly.  While shopping at Costco this weekend, I decided to head into the camera area just to see what they had available and found the Nikon Coolpix AW100.  I was intrigued and started to play with it and then went home to research the camera. 

With a $50 instant rebate, I decide to pull the trigger and replace my crappy Olympus.  In the past I have used Nikons and have always liked the quality of photos and I hope this camera is the same.  Hopefully the quality of pictures on this blog increase.

No comments:

Post a Comment