Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Covey Rise - A New Upland Mag

Looking to use a free gift certificate from Barnes & Noble, I discovered a new upland hunting magazine, Covey Rise.  At $12.99 an issue its one of the pricier hunting periodicals. 

The magazine is well laid out with excellent photography, printed on quality thick paper.  Contents include the usual hunting articles but of note is a high end gear section- On Point, The Ultimate Prep Guide to the Hunt, and a section on table fare with very nice recipes that go beyond the typical bacon wrapped dove poppers, so common to hunting magazines.  Notable contributors include Ben O. Williams who writes an illustrated essay on North American quail .

It's a nice periodical.  Will I subscribe?  Probably not.  I didn't renew my subscription of Shooting Sportsman years ago for various reasons so I don't think I'll be ordering this one anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment