Monday, March 25, 2013

Moon River


Moon river, wider than a mile
I'm crossing you in style some day
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker
Wherever you're going, I'm going your way
 
Restless after dinner I hit my local brown water to see if I could get that one that got away at night.  With my rod still loaded from yesterday, I jumped out of the Rover put on my wellingtons, my headlamp and waistpack and headed downstream.  My original plan was once I got to the water cut off the carp fly and tie on a popper pattern.  The instant I hit the banks I could see tailing carp only a couple feet away in the water.  So that plan was changed.  I made several casts with no luck so I moved into the water and the fish spooked.  All around me something was going on, bass busting the surface, carp pushing water.  It was pretty intense since I could see shit.    I left my more powerful headlamp in my duffle that I've yet to unpack from our Sierra trip so all I had in the truck was my older model which wasn't cutting it.   I switched to the pooper and tried my luck.  Nothing wanted it.  I gave up and went back to the car.  On the road I kept seeing carp mudding so I switched back and tried casting into the groups.  No fish after about an hour of trying.  I might have to try this night carping another try but next time better armed...

No comments:

Post a Comment