Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Simply Done Venison Steak

Thanks to Dave who gave me a few Venison steaks from the buck he took earlier this year in Idaho, I enjoyed a nice meal tonight.  I prepared the steaks simply, seasoning it only with salt, pepper and ground star anise, topped with herb butter.  Cooked to medium with the herb butter and olive oil.  Served with fries, roasted Brussels sprouts, and tomato Provençal.

I normally make my own herb butter (which I recommend) but due to laziness this time I used Kerrygold's Garlic & Herb butter which is a very good product.

Herb Butter:
  • Leave a stick of butter at room temperature.
  • Once soften, finely chop fresh rosemary, thyme, and a small clove of garlic.
  • In a bowl squeeze a half a lemon and mix the garlic.  This will cook the garlic and make it less harsh.  Add soften butter and mix then mix the chopped herbs. 
  • Take a spatula and remove all the butter mixture and place on parchment paper.  Form the butter in a straight line using the spatula to get all of it.  Roll the parchment paper and mold the it to look like a sausage and then refrigerate.
  • Once molded and cold use on any red meat, seafood, poultry, game or bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment