Thursday, December 15, 2016

Giving MVL A Go

Tuesday was the trout opener at Mission Viejo Lake which was postponed several months due to golden algae bloom.  The day was a perfect day for tout fishing, cool and overcast.  I recently picked up a new full sink line on his recommendation after fishing with Luc at Canyon Lake and wanted to try it out.  I figured most of these trout would still be acclimatizing to the new water and would be in shallows so I brought my 5 weight and a slower sinking line.  I'm glad I did as all the fish were in less than a few feet of water.
It took us a while but we found the pods.  They were still finicky and I only managed one trout two and a half pound 15 inch trout and a five pound catfish.  Unfortunately my fishing buddy came home with the skunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment