Saturday, May 13, 2017

Back in 'Merica Fishing for 'Merica's Favorite Gamefish.


Got a text from Luc asking me if I wanted to come over Saturday and fish Canyon with him.  It didn't take long for me to respond "You bet I do."  Jet lag or not I was going fishing.  I tied some big obnoxious articulated poppers when I came back from Taiwan.  I wanted to create something loud the next time I go and fish for snakeheads.  When Luc asked me to fish with him I thought it be a good time to try the fly out.  I managed five blowups connecting with two.  Luc had just as many blowups and I believe two fish to hand as well.  All in all not a bad day having fished only from 5am to 9am.

The fly proved its worth and I gave the fly to Luc as I told him I'll tie more.  Next time though I promised the new ones would have weedguards,  something Luc had suggested but I did not have time to retie any more before our outing.  Luckily I didn't really need the guards this time.  More about the fly in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment